Sunday, October 14, 2007

Making pumpkins and watching Practical Magic....


Can I recommend the most lovely, brilliant, watchable film 'Practical magic'http://www.amasveritas.com/ it is just perfect for this time of the year, you do need props though, they are hot chocolate with mini marshmallows on top, soft cushions, socks, cosy fire, candlelight, family and friends (if possible), sit back and just enjoy.
I made my pumpkins last year, they are made from old linen then stuffed with hay and essential oils of cinnamon and vanilla pods and star anise, so when the room gets warm they still smell scrummy, I then washed them with lime wash to get the peely old look.
I have been watching and painting the Autum leaves as they fall silently into my garden, then in that magical silence remembering...... When I was a little girl my beloved Nanna Pitt told me that if I could catch a falling leaf I could make a wish and it would come true. I tried really hard, but so often failed, but I had sooo much fun playing this game in the woods with my grandparents watching and laughing with me. Now grown and with my own family, I always think of my Nana with love when I watch the Autum leaves falling, and I know too that she is watching them with me.
Why not try catching them yourselves it's not easy you will see what I mean.......

No comments:

Post a Comment