Sunday, April 27, 2008

A full and fab weekend.........









Hello my friends, another week has past, (thank goodness) and the wonderful weekend has arrived, and all to soon gone again, but this one leaves me with a cosy warm feeling that will see me nicely through a week of work.
On Friday a fantastic parcel arrived for me.....my swap with Marja (Home from the heart ). She has crafted the most beautiful range of paper items, especially for me, in my favorite turquoises, and each item has the most pretty script, with monograms of our names, or Sea angels, or pretty words, there are beautiful ribbons and twinkling vintage diamonte buttons together with lovely romantic vintage images I am so thrilled.
Please visit her blog if you can today as she is having a draw for some lovely items, that she has hand made. I am so greedy I have entered that to..... I have only just begun my return swap for Marja, so you have a little wait my dear friend.
I also want to say a big thank you to another of my sweet blog friends Regina (My country rose garden) for sending me two fantastic German magazines, I can mostly only manage the pictures, but the recipes are fantastic, so we are dining on rather exotic and delicious pastry's and breads of late, thanks to Regina, not to mention all of the wonderful new furnishing and sewing ideas.
On Friday we went up to Ulverston on the most wonderful walk. I fully intended to take loads of photo's to share with you but huh !! it rained so I only got the first one taken of the high st. But we had the most fabulous time and it was not cold, so we walked for miles over earthy scented mossy fields all covered in white anemones, primroses, and cowslips, and on the rocky outcrops the gorse hung heavy like huge golden yellow clouds. It is so wonderful to see the Goddess has returned to land, and it made me feel excited that we will be celebrating Beltane next week (the marriage of the God of the Greenwood and his Goddess the Lady of Springtime) this is my favorite festival, the mist in the air settled on our eyelashes like diamonds, and made us heady and giggly with the pleasure of the countryside.
On our return to the village, right on top of a skip we found a huge wooden candelabra at least 1meter across abandoned .............. looking so sweetly at my Adrian, whilst dragging it of the skip and taking immediate possession I said ' can you rewire this for me'? he suddenly developed that desperate look that trapped mice in corners get ' (I am in my most persuasive mood but I think this may take a few days)......his reply was 'we can't afford the electricity to run this???? ha ha said I, we can use energy savers.....I am still hopeful.
I can just see it with a nice cream or french grey finish. What do you think???.any ideas.......


No comments:

Post a Comment