Saturday, April 12, 2008

A nice saturday......

Scrummy.........




Then I did some sewing.........


First I bought some flowers............
......................then I went out into the sunshine and showers but it was bitterly cold, I did not go far just far enough to gather some feel good, scented spring flowers, lift my face to the sunshine, and have a walk through the park, goodness can those birds sing.........
I have been working on a rather threadbare piece of cloth, old soft damask, that I have dyed and discharged with a pattern of plates, not a new idea but somthing I wanted to try. I have embroidered blossom across it and some cakes, and I am beginning to add cups and a tea pot, this is my practise piece, so I can try out my small ideas. I hope to be starting on a pale turquoise one for my moms birthday, as you know she adores cakes so I hope she will like this.
I then rescued some very innocent bananas from being chucked in the bin, husbands Huh! ( I love him really) and popped them into a couple of cakes...yummy, now he's glad he did not throw them away. It's nice to be getting back to normal, well normal for me..and I have been enjoying catching up on all of your posts...gosh you have all been busy.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend, my friends.
Hugs Lynn xx







No comments:

Post a Comment