Thursday, September 3, 2009

Autumn Equinox...finding a balance....


Another embroidered bird...I know I am obsessed with making them!!!



My new autumn colours



A mixture of new and secondhand clothes




Greys and softest ochres remind me of the Autumn hills we walk




Nellie the elephant waiting for embroidery


He is soooo cute ha ha
I am having fun with some children's illustrations they are for some pretty nursery cushions I will make. I have printed them onto soft cotton, and now I will add some embroidery and a bit of patchwork before I make them up.
I have my Autumn wardrobe started....I wanted a change from berry colours, so I opted for soft yellowy lichens and granite shaded greys, they remind me of the landscape as the leaves begin to change and fall. The light grows less these past few days, becoming soft and golden, and I feel the dark begins to make shadows ever earlier now. The rush of summer fades as the wheel turns and we begin our inner journeys in preparation for the long Winter.......there is a peace in the following of the seasons and I find comfort in that always..
With love
Lynn xx


No comments:

Post a Comment