Friday, February 8, 2008

I have found my perfect house.......


My house of dreams......
I have always loved the slow dusty decay of ancient textiles and furnishings. The softening of texture, and the gentle hues that are revealed, as rents and tears magically adjust a fabric to it's present form. Like the landscape in winter it's bare bones are exposed and there is a vulnerability to it, a delicacy.
These photo's are taken from the current 'World of Interiors' magazine, it is 'The House of Eliot' which is in Cornwall.
It is how I would like to imagine 'Manderley' might have looked, if it had never come under the flame.

If I am lucky I may dream I am walking its dusty floors in my dreams tonight..........
Wishing you my friends, many pleasant dreams of your own this week-end.
Lynn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment