Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcoming Eastre or Ostara Goddess of Spring........












How wonderful it is to welcome spring.....I have been busy making and making so that I had lots of nice presents for my family to celebrate the coming of springtime.
I have been so inspired by hares this year, they are an animal I love, they are rare and beautiful and full of power and grace. So once I had made an image that I liked I have printed it out onto both fabric and paper. I have then made some linen and blanket cushions which I embroidered with a ribbon for his neck, I then made some lavender sachets nice big fat ones that smell divine. I then made a hen image, because I adore hens and they are so lovely, so then I printed them both out onto paper and made some hanging's for my blossom tree, (the hangings were inspired by my friend Katie and the wonderful thing she makes). Then of course I needed some eggs (Marja inspired me to make these, thankyou sweet friend) so I covered some paper mache in fabric, some in paper ,and painted and sanded and stamped them. Then I made some really silly egg cosys, I had seen similar in a magazine last year so these are my own versions of the one's I had seen, fun I think.
I hope this post gives you a smile, I love to visit all of your lovely bloggs, please always feel welcome to visit me.
Hugs for a happy and fun weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment