Sunday, February 8, 2009

To cook is to create................




I was overawed in my last post by your comments, by your work loads, by your commitments. I have not been able to reply to you all, I am sorry for that, but I will reply as soon as I can. Your words are special to me and my world is so much nicer for having you around!!
We all work so hard for our family's, for ourselves, creating a whole and beautiful place to be happy and together. I was making marmalade, the smell of oranges filled our home for days, making it feel cosy and homely, chunky Seville for my husband... sweet Tangerine for my mom..... because I know they love it, and home made is much cheaper!!!
When I had finished bottling them I felt really satisfied that I had made them myself, and I thought yes, this is another extension of a woman's creativity, cooking, homemaking, everyday meals, things we happily (almost unknowingly) create every day, with care and love.
So if you have time, please share with me the things that you do that, give you a glow, that helps your home twinkle in these quiet snowy days.
Love and hugs for a peaceful and happy week
Lynn xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment