Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome to the child of promise........YULE is here


Before I retire quietly and happy to my bed, I would like to recall this evening, which was truly magical.......the nearly full moon was high and snow white in a clear turquoise sky, reflecting in the river below amongst the shades of the setting sun. Across the whole of the countryside before us, a low white mist swirled magically around bare charcoal fields, fingers of misty dreams, wrapped around the trees and frosty sugar glittered on every branch. The whole place felt magical, festive, and very still as if it was just waiting, in silence for that special moment. Our breath was like dragon fire, and we had hot mulled wine, and warm chesnuts, moon cookies, and chocolate logs. Sticky fingers, cold noses, good friends, and happy hearts.

So here are a few words close to my heart this season of joy;

Before all I was, beyond all I am,
I have no nature and no name
I have been from the beginning,
I have seen all manner of things;
I have dwelt in the womb of the Goddess:
I the divine child of the mother.
In the region of the summer stars I find my beginning;
In the pattern of creation I seek my source
In the turning spheres I continue my story.
Born of the Oak Wood, mistletoe wreathed,
Sprung to life as the Goddess breathed.
May I wish you one and all,
peace, joy, and love and hope.
Brightest Blessings
Lynn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment