Sunday, December 28, 2008

A little lemon water............











Laundry Room............. from Cath Kidston

I like to face the New Year with a fresh start.... I love to launder all my Christmas table linens...bringing them in today from the washing line, stiff like boards, and smelling of luke warm sunlight and that sharp, frosty, smoky, winter smell. I like to iron them and see the sharp creases all neat and smell the clean lavender steam rise in the warmth of the kitchen. It makes me sad that I can't live like this most of the year..that I don't have to time to do these lovely domestic things, we normally use paper towels , no washing needed........so I savour these small simple delights. If you have time to stop just for a few minutes can you share your thoughts with me.

Lavender Hugs

Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment