Sunday, December 21, 2008

Style ICON?!

Almost all of us are influenced by the style of people in the entertainment business. There are so many different types of celebs with their own different style that appeals to us. But are all of them worthy of being called a Style Icon? I don't think so. Let's go through a few names and decide if they have shown that they are not just what their stylist picks out for them.



Tyra Banks
First, we have former model, talk show host, actress, singer and businessperson Tyra Banks(Lemme catch my breath, lol). Banks has been around for a long time now and she is still in the game without a sign of stepping down any time soon. Even though I'm over ANTM now, I still love Tyra - she can just make some foolish decisions at times. But when it comes to style, I feel as though she's been in the game long enough to know right from Condoleezza Rice(Whoops, I didn't mean to type that). Maybe, I'm alone on this one but I really don't see style when I look at Miss Banks. Sorry, girl but imma have to say NO!


Kanye West
What's understood doesn't have to be explained. YES!


T.I.(a.k.a T.I.P.)
One of the most fashionable rappers that I've ever seen, T.I. has made a mark in the music and fashion industry in a short period of time. I just don't know how his style really sets him apart from the pack, besides his bomb tailored suits. He is in the process of coming out with his own clothing line, so lets see how that goes. But as of right now I will have to pass. NO!


Hov & Bey
Might as well do the Dynamic Duo together. Seeing as though they are at the peak of both their careers and they are the epitome of dope when it comes to fashion, who wouldn't agree with me when I say these two music moguls are Style Icons. Being Hollywood's richest couple probably plays a big part in my decision, ey? Maybe.. It doesn't matter though. YES!


Rihanna
I'm going to let you be the judge of Miss Thang right here. I can see it happening, just not right now... Tell me what you think. Yes or No?


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment