Monday, December 15, 2008

The Solstice draws near.....













I went out on my bike Saturday to a local farmers market, I wanted to escape the shops, the noise and the lights. I made a lovely thick vegetable stew with lentils and pearl barley for us all....Later as the evening drew in I brought in a tree from the garden bought a few weeks ago, it was damp and heavy with the sharp tang of pinewood and I dressed it with glass droplets and prayer cards from my friend Lisa...I have carols playing and the house smells of Frankinsence and winter spices. There is a big fat Thrush on the Rowan outside just sitting like me, silently watching the day...................
Such a simple pleasure, I wish I could do it more often.
I hope you find a quiet space for your thoughts sometime this week, we all need a space....
Love and hugs
Lynn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment