Monday, July 6, 2009

Bye Bye Betsey!


This is something I wasn't too much expecting. Famed designer Betsey Johnson is planning on retiring after her September show. She, along with partner Chantal Bacon, just wants to travel, with not too many cares in the world. She says she wants to live a life similar to Ralph Lauren.

"But I’ll be a megaconsultant. I’ll go in. I want to be like Ralph [Lauren]. Like, I always imagined the perfect life is like Ralph, where he goes in, and his wonderful expert crews show him work, and he goes, 'Love it, love it, love it, um, we’ll just put that aside for the moment, love it, love it, hmmm.' You know what I mean?" she said. "And be that — be the inspiration, the light at the end of the tunnel, the fairy godmother that comes down."

And don't worry about who's taking her spot, she already has that under control. Johnson believes Eric Sartori, who previously designed for Vera Wang, Hervé Léger, and Azzedine Alaïa, will become the brand’s head designer. “He is the one,” she says. “He’s much better than I am. He just has to Betsey-fy himself.”


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment