Thursday, November 1, 2007

Gifts from the Heart.........








Some days bring the most delightful post, and today brought me this wonderful gift from Katie at http://homekeepinghearts.blogspot.com/
I have always visited Katies wonderful blogg and her shop 'Sparrows Cottage' and really loved the paper items and crafts that she creates, along with her beautifully written magical blog, so I wrote and asked to buy one of her lovely vintage style books.......we decided on a swop, mine hasn't arrived there yet...but it's in the post, any day now.. .Katie.
I know I can design and make, but it is so good to receive a handmade item that you have not had to design or create, it becomes a real treasure. Just like my needlework case from Gigibird at http://florencehope.blogspot.com/ (Stella and Lynn), and now this wonderful book that I can spend hours just dwelling on what beautiful keepsakes to keep hidden in its pretty pages, all scented with herbs. I also think we see items we like and try to copy them or make somthing similar, it never seems to work for me, the item looses that special essence of the original creator, and is never quite the same, so I am sat looking at my wonderful book and listening to my other musical gift of Celtic Seasons, from Katie............ thinking it is truly a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment