Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nice day out..........

This is my small effort, compared to the florist below! Each year I try to beat nature and grow Paper White narcissus( they normally flower in October) for Yule, (thats our wedding anniversery) because I so love the fragrance mixed with Frankincense, wafting through the house, together with some quietly sung Celtic Motets and Carols, the resulting atmosphere is heady, but beautiful. I think I have done it this year (big smile) they are just peeping above the soil, so I will keep them nice and cool in the shadiest part of the garden and keep my fingers crossed.
The table is coming on really well .....honest!!


I bought these anemones, eucalyptus, and eucalyptus buds from this super florist, I got them home, and popped them in a glass vase on my shelf, I really like the frosty look of the leaves and buds, they go really well with my zinc candle thing and silver bits, they were wrapped really nice in brown paper with raffia, it was a really super treat.

There is this divine florist at Hebden Bridge, I just adore even being near her shop, she really inspires me to try harder. Outside the shop she had on display Christmas roses(hellebore) planted up with ivy and rosmary, and trailing herbs, in a bed of moss in huge zinc buckets, inside well.........just look at the photo's.



No comments:

Post a Comment