Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lovely weekend...........



Some weekends just turn out right......On Friday I treated myself to some very beautiful items from Katies blogg 'Home Keeping Hearts' for Valentines day. Katie produces the most divine ideas from paper, a medium I don't often work in, so I find it wonderful to be able to treat myself to something different, and beautiful. I also really like to buy handmade, or homemade, I have come to the decision that I would rather have less commercial items, and more handmade items, or vintage and recycled items.
I would imagine I am a bit late jumping on the bandwagon with this, and many of you already have this philosophy, so I'm sorry if you have heard it all before, but thats the way I am heading. Plus to be honest I don't have lots of spare cash, so it feels nice to support other artists with the little I have.

Well the weekend does get even better. On Saturday I was out running under heavy grey skies , and just as I was coming home......I spied a skip (always promising) and look what was being chucked into it!!....Screeching to a halt, I saw this rail of victorian coat hooks sticking out of the top.....I was so thrilled,..... the builder of course was also thrilled, because this mad! red faced sweaty woman was emptying his skip. He did try to get me to take an old bike and a garden gate...but I declined kindly and ran off with my booty.
As I am decorating my work room, (I have decided on French Grey this time)I thought the rail would come in just perfectly. I thought it would be just fine and dandy for hanging all my fabric and embroidery samples off, so I am very pleased. I did also extracted a nice old photo frame from the skip, so I have used that, for one of my Valentine's Day, print /embroiderys, that I have just finished. I embroidered the little heart in darning stitch, hope you like it...

I hope you have all had a super weekend too, doing just what you like.
Hugs
Lynnxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment