Sunday, January 6, 2008

Poorly girl playing...sniff...sniff....







Hello my friends, well I am fit to drop, two weeks Christmas holiday's off work and I catch a virus I feel ugh, I'm sort of pottering about, in bed out of bed. wanting to throw myself on the floor like some small child, and cry and sleep till it's all gone, Ive got tissue stuffed up my nose, and I can't stop my eyes from running, you can imagine I look really attractive!!! but hey guys.....I can still sew, if only to distract myself.
I have decided this year to be more frugal, and to not buy anything that I am not desperate for. Too often I make a purchase to satisfy my soul, not because I really need the item... but because the colour of it is so beautiful, or I find the shape or look of it calls to me. I know this is so wasteful and I have little enough money to waste. So instead I intend to look for soul satisfaction in other areas. So I have decided to perk up some older jumble sale items with a little embroidery, hopefully it will give them a new lease of life. Over the next few months I will really try to gather together a small stock of birthday presents and cards, to stop me having to rush purchase a present that isn't really appropriate for the intended person.
If you have any tips or ideas please let me know, cos there is a whole world out there of beautiful and inspiring stuff, that won't hurt our planet or our pockets.
Hoping you all feel better than me, have a wonderful week.
Hugs Lynn xx



No comments:

Post a Comment