Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sharing my daydreams..........


Planning my colour charts one
Planning my colour charts two
I thought today you may like to see how I begin to plan a new project. I do this when I am trying to inspire myself to make something new, or to decorate, or to find new colours, its my little bit of research.
I always begin with a nice piece of card folded so that it can be opened and decorated on the inside, as well as the outside. I think it is so important that what you are being inspired by is as beautiful as you can make it. Select a theme that is either 'current' or 'close to your heart' and begin to collect images...from anywhere, but never use anything unless it is perfect !!! this is important, if you compromise now you will never achieve the best of things.
Make your collage of pictures, then fold it up and put it away for at least two or three days, it is important to look at it always with a fresh eye.
When you return to it, only select from it the colours, shapes and textures that give you a nice feeling, that make you excited, and happy. Then begin to add them using colour chips from paint charts, then gradually you add your fabrics.
From this chart you will accumulate new images and ideas for fresh projects, you can follow with your heart, and know they are truly from your dreams and are what you desire. We cannot be continually inspired from nothing, it would be too draining, or we would just end up making poor copies of other peoples work. Nothing is new ! but at least this way you will achieve something that is truly your own.
I hope this helps, I'm no great famous designer at the end of the day...Ha! but I have found these little methods work and inspire and help me through the tough days.
Have a great week my friends, thanks for visiting me, and I can't wait to visit all of you, you brighten my days and lift my heart always. xxx
PS Just click on the images with your mouse to enlarge them so you can see them properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment