Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Want That Old Thing Back!



I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I know I can get lost in the lives of yesteryear. The icons who defined "the cool" and perfected style never cease to amaze me when I research them and dive into the way they lived. They were so glamorous, and fearless, and did whatever they pleased whenever they pleased...and the celebs these days in my opinion are only a fraction of what the stars were back in the day.



But I always sit and wonder who will my grandchildren think of as style icons. I would hope Mary-Kate or Rihanna...or maybe Paris Hilton (that's a stretch, I know). I constantly browse through old photos, and watch old movies simply to observed the way people dressed and acted back then and it always gets me to wondering who will be the new Bianca Jagger, Audrey Hepburn, or Edie Sedgewick. Well I guess only time will tell, and until then I'll continue to enjoy my nostalgic nature.



-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment