Sunday, October 5, 2008

We are no more or less than the stars............

Leaving my work, I run out into the late afternoon sun, the shadows grow long and cold fingers of late shadows begin to creep on the edge of the soft sun. I know we are encroaching into the dark, the damp scent of decay is present and I feel the land is slowing down. I adore this time of the year, there is a gentle magic and an introverted sigh as we let go of the summer and it's riches. All is falling to rest, all is beginning it's simple long silent wait until Yule.

I am the waning moon,

The Goddess who is fading from the land,

When you see my power fade

And the leaves fall from the trees;

When snow obliterates like death,

All trace of me upon the earth.

Then look for me in the Moon,

And there in the heavens you will see the soul of me

Soaring still amongst the stars.

When I am hidden, I am renewing

When I am waning I am making ready for my return

Remember my promise and look within you,

And there you will always find the spirit of me.

May we all be blessed with a loving and peaceful week.

Love and hugs Lynn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment