Saturday, September 13, 2008

Movie Review: Family That Preys

Yesterday me and my cousins took each other out on a date for drinks and a movie (sad I know) and we went to see the highly anticipated The Family That Preys by Tyler Perry. And I must say it was one of the best movies he's ever put out. I must admit it was as suspenseful as I thought it would be, but still entertaining none the less. Sanaa Lathan was the BIGGEST bitch in the world! And I won't give the movie away but she definitely deserved what came to her. This movie gave truth to a very popular phrase..."Never leave the one you love for the one you like because they will leave you for the one they love"...something like that.

Alfre Woodard gave a great performance and reminded me of everybodies favorite aunt with her witty comments and Bible references. I'm glad to see Perry's growth as a film producer, and by the looks of the packed theater I'm sure he will soon be enjoying a very fat check from this film.

And to Sanaa's character: Make that money girl, don't let the money make you.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment