Sunday, September 28, 2008

Up Next: The Boy Illinois

I'll be the first to say that I'm very selective about the type of music I listen to... especially when it comes to hip-hop. Not all rappers are actually "rappers", but that's definitely not the case here. The Boy Illinois from (obviously) Chicago is not only someone who I listen to on the regular...but he's also my blood cousin(which is probably one of his best assets...a fly ass cousin, lol). He's been working really hard in the studio and has now released a mixtape, Inhale Part 1 : State Representative which can be downloaded here. I would say my favorite tracks are, the Intro, One Love, and the freestyle to Stronger. There's also a song dedicated to the die hard Rich Young fanatics (which he is) called Rich Young Society...Fab you need to pay this man for that. But please don't get my fam twisted with the millions of other unsigned artists out right now, he doesn't just put out mixtapes, he gives you videos too...a pretty good one I might add. Ok Ok, I gotta quit gasing him up it just doesn't feel normal, lol. No but seriously make sure you download the mixtape and check out the video.


The Boy Illinois - One Love from G o D Jewels on Vimeo.


One Love

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment