Saturday, January 17, 2009

Everything isn't DIY



So the other day I was feeling a little crafty, and I decided I would destroy a pair a skinny jeans I picked up last week. I'm thinking "No biggie, they're just cheap lil no name skinny's...I can't do that much damage". Omg think again! Those jeans now look like they have been through hell and back. Half way through the project I came to the conclusion that jean companies do have the right to charge high prices...because they do a lot of work to destroy your jeans and get that perfect amount of dirty in your dirty denim.

The jeans above are $168 on oaknyc.com, and even though I'm not buying any jeans over 100 bucks anytime soon...I can now see why they would price them that high. Just to educate you a little bit below is a video of the entire denim process from just being a ball of cotton to stitching on the label. Take a look it's pretty interesting.



Now if you noticed, they stitched on the label at the very end...she probably has a box of different labels to put on the exact same jeans. Smh.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment