Friday, January 16, 2009

Kanye dresses Gay??

Allow me to re-introduce myself, I'm Mark Fresh. Yes you are reading my very first blog. Music is my Life and I dont know where i would be without it!! I figured that my debut blog should be a BIG one and Kanye West is one of the biggest artists out right now. So enough with my intro, ENJOY!!

I know what you’re thinking; I’m being judgmental of Mr. College Dropout. Nope, that’s not it!! I came across an exclusive interview of Kanye and he was asked where he gets his sense of fashion from. West says "I get my style from gay men, and when I out, I see gay men dressed to impressed. They’re always neat and looking fly. When it comes to gear, "gay's always have the best gear on! When i see them out, sometimes they think I'm looking at them. I'm not looking at them, I'm looking at their gear. People try to discriminate against gay people, because they're gay and we need to stop that. They coordinate colors so well!" In my opinion, I think he’s right! Some gay men do dress better than the average heterosexual male. They don’t care what others think and they dress how they feel. YES, some do go a little over board! Kanye has been viewed differently from other rappers since he’s first appeared on the Hip Hop scene. West carried a Louis V. backpack (man purse), he’s from the suburbs, he’s not the toughest, he has tantrums when he doesn’t win, and he defended other gays when he said that "gay is the opposite, the exact opposite word of hip-hop. Not just hip-hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, `Yo, stop it." I could’ve gone on with more stuff, but I figured you got the idea! With all this said, is Kanye West slowly coming out of the closet??

-Mark Fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment