Saturday, June 7, 2008

Calm Down! There's Enough MKO To Pass Around.




So it seems like the trend of the season is whatever Mary-Kate Olsen decides to wear. HA! But seriously, for some reason or another fashion designers are fawning over the weird-looking Mary-Kate rather than her normal counterpart, Ashley. Karl Lagerfeld talked about Mary-Kate like she was on a pedestal.
"I love a tiny woman in Chanel. Coco herself was tiny, so you don't need to be a giant to look good in these. I like the way M.K. is mixing Chanel with other things. Life is not a fashion show, and I find a total designer look boring."
Diane Von Furstenberg also stated,
"Mary-Kate is fragile yet strong...She's an old soul in a very young girl. Hers is a story that has just begun."
If M.K. is getting compliments like these from people like Lagerfeld she must be doing something right. I don't think that she dresses wrong(sometimes) but it sure is different from what everyone else would wear. Sometimes it can be really cute and I guess that is what Mary-Kate mastered; the art of making something so hideous a new trend. Well you keep looking like a beautiful nightmare MKO! I still love ya! :)

"I don't know-you're either on the worst-dressed list or you've started a fashion trend. I think there's a real disconnect between the media's perception of fashion and the fashion world's idea of fashion. I don't know why I wear some of the things I wear. I like wearing crazy things sometimes. I like being playful. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing dress-up and becoming a character. It's sort of like an art. It can change your mood or the way that people are attracted to you."
-M.K.O




-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment