Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's ok...You Can Do It!

It has been brought to my attention that not everyone is comfortable with the idea of wearing scarves in the summer. Well news flash...not all scarves are made for warmth, and they're not all made out of wool or cashmere.

There are scarves out there that are made of light weight cottons and linen that are made just for summer...so don't be afraid! I personally have to defend scarves because I wear them on the regular, they're like necklaces to me now. You can get a multi-colored scarf and match it with tons of pieces from your closet, or a bold color to brighten up a boring outfit.

Now I believe the ethnic scarves that Lil Wayne and all the hipsters are wearing are on they're way out of style, but a classic color or shape will last a good amount of time. It was really a surprise to me that people found it odd that I was wearing scarves during warmer weather, I mean yeah it might be a newer concept but do people look at store mannequins anymore??? Almost every store has a scarf around the neck of their displays. And I'm not saying copy off the store displays but, draw some inspiration from something!

Get a summer scarf from Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, or H & M

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment