Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who's Melissa Anyway???

Remember these?? Well the jelly gym shoe that took high schoolers across the world by storm obviously is still around. Who knew?!? Well that particular style shoe isn't still around (thank God) but the brand is still around, and surprisingly collabing with the best of them.




This witchy poo of a shoe below is a collaboration between Melissa and Vivian...Westwood that is. Made of Melissa's infamous PVC material, and in the infamous Westwood mary jane style, I'm sure somebody will pick up a pair (won't be me). I must admit, this shoe actually looks cute in the ad, and they could probably pass for patent leather if you just glance at them, but I'm just not the plastic sweaty shoe type of girl.



This is another style that could pass for cute on a good day. In any other material they'd be totally acceptable, but it's just weird to wear plastic sandals with a wedge heel. I would really like to see a celebrity pull these shoes off and start the Melissa craze up for a second go round. That's really all it takes... get someone like Mary-Kate or Rihanna in a pair of Melissa's and let the sweaty feet games begin.



Melissa is a Austrailian brand I wonder if they're still popular over there?? Or if they're gearing up for a comeback over here!?! That's one thing I could live without.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment