Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Marc Jacobs Sweat Shop



Did you know there were sweat shops in Manhattan?? Me either, but I got to witness it first hand. Ok, ok, it's not what you think, but it was close enough. Me and my road dawg Tisa got on the good foot and strolled from Soho to West Village (longest walk ever) in search of the hidden treasure that is Marc by Marc Jacobs specialty store that offers really cheap Marc by Marc items. I had to find it, I told y'all I'm the princess of cheap next to Tyra, The Queen. Anywho, we got there, finally, and it was the teeniest tiniest store I ever saw, and please believe, you had to make a mad dash for whatever you had your eye on, and if you plan on going...be prepared to sweat! It was crazy! I turned into a New Yorker within the blink of an eye, pushing my way through, reaching over, and snatching what I needed before the next person got it. When going to a place like this, the strategy is to just pick up anything that you might like, and edit down your decisions later, otherwise you won't have anything in the size, color, or style you need. So after my editing, I ended up with this tote...

Simple and basic for everyday, probably will end up being a book bag (I despise school), cute right?? Well if your not into a tote, they had flip flops, shorts, purses, wallets, condoms, keychains, and tons of t-shirts. I can't wait to go back and sweat it out, lol.
Next time I'll meet the maker...Mr. Jacobs himself.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment