Friday, June 27, 2008

Hip Hop vs. America II


He'll never be in my poolpit

So I just caught some of Hip Hop vs. America on BET and this man pictured above Reverend Rivers (if he's even a real reverend) just pissed me off to the highest degree. The subject at hand was women..black women and how they're portrayed in hip hop and how their voice has been silenced since the days of MC Lite and Latifah. They were trying to find out the reasons why and how it can change. Well ole Rivers clearly proved how most men really feel about women. One of his co-panelist who is a female professor at "Princeton"(forgive me for forgetting her name) was cut off several times by this "reverend" causing her to practically scream at the top of her lungs to get her point across! I swear he had my blood boiling. He let everyone watching know that he could care less about what she had to say, and that everything that came out of his mouth was right and that she should shut up and agree. It was appalling! They could've ended the show right then and there because the question at hand was answered...No, women should not have a voice, and men are superior. I just thank God for women like her, Oprah, and myself :-) who won't let the black or white man keep us down.

And if anybody runs into this man, give him my number and tell him I got a couple words for him. Catch the re-runs of Hip Hop vs. America II and tell me if I'm wrong.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment