Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miss Barclay

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Miss Alexis Barclay commonly know as Diamond to all her family, friends and fans is one of the most beautiful, talented and an amazing role model for all. She currently attends Rowan University and majoring in Criminal justice. Miss Barclay came as the 2rounder up in the 2008 Miss Liberia New Jersey pageant on June 14, 2008. She gracefully enlightens the stage with her poetics words. She rocks the pageant hall in all phases of her performance.

Miss Barclay is the founder of the white Angel, a non profit organization and a PROUD member of BeeAfrican Network. She does extensive charity work for children, and she believes that all children should have equal opportunity to enjoy the finest things in life. Apart from doing pageants, Miss Barclay Is also an actress who just got a lead role in one of the hottest Liberian movies, coming out this summer. When ask by one of her fan why she love to act, Miss Barclay responded with a smile’’ I love to be different, acting is great because you can bring a story to life and live and feel like another person.

However the Liberian beauty is know for her curvaceous body. Many people wonder why a plus size model like Alexis wanted to run for Miss Liberia, but according to Alexis, ‘’ I love my body, I can’t be starving myself just to be skinny, and yes I’m a role model for a lot of youth out there, after the pageant a girl came up to me and told me that she admire me a lot, because I encouraged her to appreciate her body. I was really proud of my self that’s when I felt like a winner. I might not have won the pageant as a plus size model but I left an impact on so many girls like me.
story: michaela songa

No comments:

Post a Comment