Sunday, July 20, 2008

Badu Is Doing Big Things

Tom Ford is one of my all-time favorite designers (he uses a lot of black and its sexy) and Erykah Badu is one of my all-time favorite songstresses! What do they have in common, you ask?


Tom Ford and Erykah Badu have collaborated on a fragrance entitled White Patchouli! “For this project, I wanted to reinvent patchouli . . . I loved the idea of mixing patchouli with white florals. We used patchouli orpur, which takes out some of the darker, smoky notes of patchouli. We mixed that with peony, bergamot, and jasmine,” says Ford.

I'm not a big fan of patchouli, but I just love Tom Ford. Anything he does is sexy,dangerous and controversial.I sincerely hope it smells good and not like the bottom of a church lady's purse!

The ad is much more understated than what we're used to from Ford. I wouldn't imagine Badu to be the kind of muse to lay on a bear-skin rug naked holding a perfume bottle--even if it was for Tom Ford! Now your boy Shade on the other hand...

LivLux loves the Smell-Goods!

-Shade Caddo

No comments:

Post a Comment