Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Next Up: Karina Pasian

Now we all know a good voice when we hear it, right? Well I know you all will love this girl right here! I remember the first time I heard Karina Pasian, I was at a meeting with Doni and her single "16 At War" came on. She jumped up and started dancing like she was the choreographer for the video, lol! Since then I haven't heard much from her until I was on MySpace and visited a friends profile and was almost in tears listening to the gorgeous voice of Ms. Pasian singing another single of hers, "Slow Motion". In those short 5 minutes Karina Pasian took my heart hostage and has knocked many off my list of greatest R&B singers. And you won't believe this..ole' girl is ONLY 16! OK, maybe you can believe seeing as though she has a single called "16 At War", lol.

Karina began taking piano lessons when she was three and started classical piano training in kindergarten. At 8, She began working with a vocal coach. Pasian knows how to sing in two different languages (English and Spanish). WERK!!

Then in 2003, Pasian met Quincy Jones and was invited to his home in Bel Air, California. She has appeared on Star Search and at the Quincy Jones' We Are The Future concert in Rome. I would say her biggest accomplishment thus far is when she performed at the White House for President George W. Bush in celebration of Black Music Month in 2007, being the first person of Dominican descent to do so.



Pasian is signed with Def Jam since '06 after being in the middle of a music war between Def Jam, Interscope, and Bad Boy Records to get their hands on this lovely young lady.

Don't doubt her. I can guarantee she will be be saying "Excuse me!" to Alicia Keys & Keyshia Cole as she politely takes the R&B game by storm. Check out this short vid of Karina performing her first single "First Love".




-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment