Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mother Said Not To Slouch


Louis Vuitton

So what?!? says the designers, because they are giving me slouchy fit all over the place. With pants and jackets big enough to fit 2 people in them... they're slowly sneaking us back into the business side of the 80's. Naomi rocks some beautiful slouchy fit pants in the new YSL ad (and pictured here with ALT) that I loved, and Ashley Olsen wore some slouchy pants to the CFDA awards that I really couldn't see myself in. Regardless, a lot of the designers are forcing us girls to take a more manly approach to fashion...but I don't know if I'm ready for all that.



I totally understand the whole menswear inspired thing, but now even menswear has a slimmer cut and fit...so why do we have to be saggy and baggy? To me it all comes down to feeling like a woman, with a very fitted top and a great pair of stilettos yeah I could pull of slouchy. But a whole suit of just excess material is a little too, what's the word...butch. Maybe at the end of the season we'll see what celeb pulled off the look the best.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment