Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beauty in Black

Ciao fashionistaZ!!! Awe inspiring, tear worthy, collector's item. Those are only a few words to describe the July issue of Vogue Italia: A Black Issue. I know its late but we just got it in the States a couple weeks ago and imagine how long it took to come to FLINT...lol...needless to say this timeless collector's item left me breathless. There are four covers of the oh so coveted mag: Jourdan Dunn (My fav), Naomi Campbell, Liya Kebede, and Sessilee Lopez. I raced to the store everyday to see if my local shop had gotten it in yet and I was overjoyed to the point of tears almost when I went in and finally seen they had it on the shelves.
It reminds me of the 2001 Vanity Fair spread dedicated to Black models. Although I hated having to type entire articles in Google translator so I could read them because it was in Italian of course...LOL...it was still great. My fav make up goddess Pat McGrath for Max Factor did the makeup of course and we all know Steven Meisel exhibited his masterful craft with the photography among others for the issue.

OMG!! And I have to give my man his props because he shot Ms. Toccara Jones to the GAWDS!!! This ANTM Cycle 3 diva ROK'D the pages of Vogue honey. Page for page she gave me life and did her thing and Steven truly showed his prowess when he shot this plus sized diva. Let's not forget the timeless of all timeless gals Ms. Campbell. She went hard with two sickening spreads in the mag.


Although it was great ya'll know I have to talk about something. The issue did however lack a tad bit in the "Black" department. It wasn't as Black as I thought it would be but then again I had VERY..VERy..VEry..Very..very high expectations for the mag. It met most of my expectations but no offense to my BEAT sisters of the other persuasion, I didn't expect to see any of them gals in there. However, like all magazines Vogue does have to maintain its relationships with its advertisers. So that's that. Needless to say if you want something extraordinairy to add to the the coffee table RUSH and drop your $15.00 to get your copy before they are all gone. You might have to order yours because I'm sure by now they are fresh out everywhere. Doni couldn't even get one in Miami!!! I know right!?
Trust me honey there is Beauty or shall I say BEATness is Black because baby like the old folks say good black don't crack!!! LOL. 'Til next time


Arriverderci
~M. Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment