Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Do Labels Matter???

I would like to pose a question. In the world of fashion it's all about branding and making a line different and distinct from the next...but does that really matter to the everyday consumer? Back in the day I could proudly say "Nope! Labels don't matter to me I just wear whats cute." But now a days that's probably only 65% true. I mean I still go thrift shopping, I shop at target, I shop at forever 21. But when I'm in a thrift store I catch myself only picking up a Ralph Lauren shirt, or something with a name on it...if it doesn't have a name it better be really cute. And even at Target I now only want the Go International items because they were designed by a higher end designer. I use the excuse, "Well I work in fashion, I have to wear the designer brands." And we all know that's a sorry excuse. And the worst part about this whole thing is that buying a pair of Seven jeans will only keep you happy for about 2 days, then after you wear them a couple of times they're just as unimportant as your GAP jeans.

I will justify buying labels by saying there is a big difference in quality when it comes to buying higher priced clothes. They fit better, the material looks and feels better, and it'll probably last longer. But the thing to remember is that you can still waste the same kool-aid on those Gucci kicks that you wasted on those no-name shoes. So my question to you is how important are labels??? and why???

Leave a comment and let me know.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment