Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Make Your Own Damn Dress!

Built By Wendy is an adorable line based out of NYC, designed by...Wendy, duh! I really enjoy the interesting simplicity of the line, easy cotton pieces cut in unique and flattering ways. My favorite item is the purple checked bomber jacket in the online store...I could live in a bomber jacket. Well like most NYC lines, BBW doesn't come cheap. Built By Wendy definitely focuses on investment pieces, not everyday impulse buys, the bomber I want is $272 :-( .

But be not discouraged, Wendy has a solution to your vacant wallet...DIY! Just like little Jenny from Gossip Girls, you can make your own fabulous clothes with help from Wendy's collection of patterns, Built By You. The pattern line has modern designs for the new satorial generation. In collaboration with Simplicity Patterns, BBY allows you to create summer dresses, jackets, pants, tops, the whole nine! And at $14.95 there is no excuse for you to not buy a few and put the elbow grease to work. I personally am not to keen on using a sewing machine, but if any of you are interested in making me that red plaid jacket pictured here, I swear I'll love you til the end of time. Oh, and guys don't feel left out, because Wendy has an entire collection just for you...not patterns, but pre-made clothes...lol. Take a look for yourself at BuiltByWendy.com. And please remember what I said about that jacket ;-)


Sewing party anyone?


-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment