Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh Isaac ♥



No matter what he does, Issac Mizrahi will always have a place in my heart. It's just something about him that makes me feel like we're long lost best friends. It wasn't the Target line that got me, it was his show on the Style Network that kept me glued to the screen and laughing hysterically when he asked crazy questions or demanded the audience to "Clap for her".

His Summer 08 collection is so simple with exceptions of one or two stand out details. On a video he explained how he feels most comfortable with this collection because he simple made what he liked and worried about nothing else. And that's exactly how it should be. His clothes are always lady like and mature, and he doesn't force us to kill ourselves with outrageously high heels, or dresses that you can't sit down in.



Isaac has been in the game for years and I see no signs of slowing down. He seems to be at a place to where people, young and old, are starting to really enjoy his designs and embrace him as well. You can see all the Isaac you want on his web-i-sodes at isaacmizrahiny.com (since Style Network gave him the boot --I'm still a little pissed). And although I love Isaac, until millions of people start reading this blog and I become extremely wealthy, I will have to continue to enjoy his target line, because this trapeze gown above is $4,555! But, if you are on of the lucky few who can afford it, it's available at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC, and Net-a-porter.com



-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment