Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lamar James


Sean John? Check. K Swiss? Check. Roca Wear? Check. Model Lamar James has plenty of big names under his belt and has only just begun. After seeing his face a numerous amount of times in glossy magazines, I had no other choice but to contact him to see if he would give Liv Lux an exclusive interview. He was nice enough to fit us in his busy schedule, after finishing a Grey Goose commercial just last week...so ladies and gents, without further ado, Lamar James.


DW: What made you get into modeling?

LJ:I would always hear people tell me I should and one day when I was 19 and home livin in Kansas, I was driving home and I heard a commercial for Model Search America and I was only like 8 blocks from the location so I decided to stop. It was a local search just to send you to the big event in Kansas City. They let me go for free so I decided to go. If I would have had to pay the $500, I would have never went. I eventually got selected by 10 agents world wide and decided on NYC. I finished college and moved 16 days later without a single New York Visit.

DW: What are you most proud of thus far?

LJ:Im proud of what my family thinks of me and the strides that I have taken with shooting over 10 Campaigns and giving back to my community.





DW:What would you be doing if you weren't modeling?

LJ:I went to school for Graphic Design and Journalism so I eventually seen myself working for a magazine in New York. that was in my 5 year plan at the time. I wasn't ready for new york at that moment so its funny I ended up here 16 days after graduation.

DW: Do you think it's easier or harder for male models?

LJ:It is much harder as a male. Especially a black male. Women make so much more money and have way more opportunities than we do and white males have more opps than other minorities. Its a challenge every day. Im up for the challenge.





DW: What designer's would you love to work with?

LJ:I would love to work for Ralph Lauren and replace the only black male model that the world really knows; Tyson. I would love to be his successor. In a good way.

DW: What's the best and worst parts of the modeling world?

LJ:You never know what is next for you so you always have to be on the grind and hustlin. Also being type casted. Limits you to one genre. No one wants that.





To see more of Lamar click here.


-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment