Thursday, May 15, 2008

Christian Dior Resort 2009

I want to commend Mr. Galliano for Dior's Resort and the pretty decent number from the ladies of color on the runway. It gives me a warm feeling inside when I see so many African-Americans ripping the runway, seeing as though the high-fashion modeling scene is predominately white. Take a look at who was given the pleasure of showing off his 2009 collection.

First off is my fav! Chanel Iman looked awesome in the 3 tiered dress. I also love how Galliano decided to throw the pale purple bag with it. It gives you that summer breeze feeling.

Next up was Alek Wek. I have loved her ever since I read her book, ALEK: FROM SUDANESE REFUGEE TO INTERNATIONAL SUPERMODEL. The orange dress they decided to put her in was nice but I would've went for something a little bit more vibrant to make the dress pop! She still looks gorgeous.

Then we have the stunning Jourdan Dunn who strutted her stuff down the runway in this neon pink flowing dress. I really liked the choker that she wore around her neck that looks like it's made out of shells/rocks of some sort. The purple pumps and bag added to the great look as well.

And last but not least is the lovely Arlenis Pena. Now I'm not going to lie, this is probably the first time that I have looked at this girl. I think I've seen her in another fashion show in the past but she didn't stand out enough for me to find out who she was until now. She worked it in this aqua blue, light green and yellow strapless dress that goes down to her toes. I guess I'll be looking for her in the next show I decide to watch, huh?


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment