Friday, May 23, 2008

Go Read A Book!!



Just because your a fashionista doesn't mean clothes should be your only interest...the main interest...but not the only one. Reading is definitely fundamental, and if you don't read the news paper or informational books like I do, then these two books are just for you. Humor, wit, and fashion as the foundation, now that's what I call a good read.



The first book is Bergdorf Blondes, a novel written by Vogue's contributing editor Plum Sykes (Plum...what an interesting name), who covers the adventures of a high society London heiress who is the life of all the parties and who's main concern is always to look outstanding. Shouldn't that be everyone's goal?





The second book is a memoir from Michael Tonello telling about his adventures of flying all over the world to different Hermes stores to buy Birkins bags...just for the hell of it. When telling his life and what he does to new people he met they would say "You should write a book" and I am glad he did. That type of lifestyle is a dream come true. Imagine "So, what do you do for a living?" "Oh, I fly to the most amazing places in the world to buy Hermes Birkin bags" WHAT?!? I swear if I ever start a book club (which I'm considering) this has to be the first read, I have to know how this type of life felt.

Time to start thinking of my memoir title, any suggestions??
-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment