Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Calling All Superheroes To The Runway!


This really goes to show that fashion has NO limits! If you weren't aware, today was the opening of the 2008 Costume Institute Gala's exhibition Superheroes; Fashion and Fantasy. The exhibition and the Costume Ball is held at the Metropolitan Museum of Arts in New York City. Philippe de Montebello (director, Metropolitan Museum of Art), Anna Wintour (editor in chief, American Vogue), Andrew Bolton (from the Met and curator of the Superheroes exhibit) were involved with the making of this wonderful event. But the real man behind it all is the well known fashion designer, Giorgio Armani. When finding this out, I knew I was in for a treat and like always he didn't let me down.

The exhibit contains outfits that have been made over the years by numerous fashion designers such as Galliano, Dior, Mugler, Jean Paul Gaultier and many more with the "superhero" theme in mind. They were inspired by superheroes from Spiderman all the way to The Flash and even the Iron Man. Everyone who is anyone will be caught in the Met tonight. If I had the mula to attend such an event, I surely would be there! Since my pockets are already stretched pretty thin I guess I'll have to settle for the pictures. If you're in the same position I'm in, take a look too! If you still want to stop in while your visiting the Big Apple some time soon you can, the exhibit will be up until September 1, 2008.




-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment