Thursday, May 29, 2008

Circa 1987



So while I was in the library at school supposedly researching for my class paper, I just happened to stumble across the 1980's Haper Baazar's and Vogue's (I'm not gone tell you what happened when I tried to take the August 1987 Vogue...the things we do for fashion...but that's my birthday year and month, I REALLY WANTED IT). Anywho, I finally saw Ms Iman in action, she was spotted in at least 3-4 ads throughout the mag, and this picture is from a Jacobson ad..I looked it up and I think it was a midwest department store. It was interesting to see all the big shots in their hay day, Linda Evangelista and Cristi Tirlington had a fashion spread together, along with a unknown black model that I'm gonna investigate. Something else I was excited about is that, when I looked at the Masthead guess who was absent??? Anna Wintour! She wasn't there yet, Grace Mirabella was the e-i-c and Diana Vreeland was the consulting editor...basically Grace asked Diana if she approved. So yeah, I was in heaven today at the library...too bad I got ZERO work done for class...oh well.



Here it is! I'll get you one day.

-Doni W

No comments:

Post a Comment