Thursday, May 22, 2008

Liv Lux 5 Fav

So if I could have it my way these 5 new hot thangs would be in my 5 fav...no offense to the people who are currently in my 5 fav. These women are making a name for themselves and becoming the new breed of IT girls around town, minus the DUI's and wild nights with the paps by their side. I think these girls represent the "New Pretty", which has a lot more...swag, (for lack of better words) than the average pretty girls. Well, get into our 5 fav.

Zoe Kravitz

Ok, this girl is the definition of cool...cool personified...cool in a bottle, ok you get it, she's just effortlessly cool. Zoe really had no choice but to be cool. If your mom is Lisa Bonet and your dad is Lenny Kravitz, and you came out acting like girly girl, or glamour girl like Beyonce...there'd be some problems. You can't be a cheerleader with rockstar parents. Anyway, of course I know you saw Zoe in Jay-z's video "I Know", btw, did anybody understand the video??? My theory was, that all her characters were high throughout the whole video. Zoe also appeared in No Reservations, The Brave One and the new Wil.I.Am video in support of Obama. I love love ♥ Zoe's style and her fearlessness when it comes to fashion. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of her.


Kid Sister

"Ayyeee, rhinestones up in they face, gold charms and paper chase". That has to be my favorite line from Pro Nails by Kid Sister featuring Kanye. She definitely has the right idea, and is moving in the right direction when it comes to music. It's all about the underground right now, indie artists, and fun catchy music that doesn't take itself too serious. Kid hails from the Chi, and has got tons of hometown support and love. She started by rapping at party's and soon got featured on MTV2's My block (I know we've all seen My Block). She's signed to producer A-traks label, Fools Gold, and has big things in the works. I wanna see who really does her nails, dont you??


Solange


Was I the only in love with Solange's first single??? I was wondering why she didn't get the shine she deserved. Anyway ole girl is back and more confident, and her new song has been stuck in every body's head lately. I really like how Solange does her own thing and is not fighting for the spotlight that Beyonce has in a chokehold...she found her own place within the music industry and I think this time around she'll get a lot of attention for that. Baby Daniel must be so proud of Mommy. Can't wait for Sol-Angel And The Hadley St. Dreams to be released, which will be released on my birthday (August 26th...mark your calenders). Best of Luck Solange!




Vashtie

Vashtie Kola Ms. Vashtie has been seen on the arms of Pharell (one reason to hate her), and packing out old school parties in NYC. She put together the amazing video for Child Rebel Soldiers' Us Placers, and is working on a clothing line called, Violette. Busy woman right?? Well she does all this without missing a beat, keeping her style easy going, and completely tomboy. No party dresses and Louboutins for her, it's more like Dunks and hoodies, which fits in perfectly at her parties themed 1992. She's known as the Downtown Sweetheart and I can see why, in almost every pic she has a smile...well keep smiling Vashtie, your future looks bright.

Ellen Page

Yes. She is the boss, applesauce. Ellen Page was amazing in Juno, anyone who can make me cry while laughing gets kudos from me. The Canadian native has a whole slew of awards and accomplishments, one of them being a spot on FHM's Sexiest Women in the World list. I bet that was a surprise since she really doesn't try to be sexy. I love how her career is not headed in the direction of an actress like Lohan, she's a real actress who plays real roles. I'm on team Page!

So like that deep voice guy on the commercial says..."Who's in your 5 Fav?"

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment