Friday, May 23, 2008

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Chrisante Henderson

Ciao bello fashionistas...it took me forever but I finally got in touch with budding celebrity stylist Chrisante Henderson. This talented 21 year old who came out of the Michigan College of Beauty and who studied under the internationally known Ms. Kimberly Kimble is most definitely on his way to take the industry by storm. His creations are fresh, new, and very upscale. This extraordinary talent has styled the likes of rap legend MC Lyte, gospel pop superstar Kierra Sheard, and Bre from ANTM Cycle5. Not only that he has worked with designers such as Michael Kors, Heatherette, and Betsy Johnson. WOW...I know right!!! It had to be divine intervention that I crossed paths with this budding megastar. He has been from LA to Italy and finally returned my call for LL. And as usual I'm bringing the latest to you. But be informed that a spot in this young hair genius's chair will run you anywhere from $75.00 to $2,500 so come prepared. He'll make you look like a whimsical dream. Enjoy...



ML: What inspired you to do hair?


CH: My mother was stylist and I practically grew up in a salon. She became ill a few years back so i decided to pick up where she left off.


ML: What has been the most challenging and rewarding part about being a stylist?


CL: The most challenging thing is working with people in the industry who are often overly competitive and sheisty. The best part is making people look beautiful and confident.


ML: Who are you inspired by in the industry?


CH: Kim Kimble, Ursala Stephen, Andre Helly


ML: What are some of your major career goals?


CH: Be a member of The Union (major corp for stylist and make-up artist)


ML: What is the worst thing that ever happened to you since you started doing hair?


CH: OMG...This girl walked in the salon and as she was walking to my chair her hair was just falling out in clumps. I had to not only stop the extreme breakage but make her beautiful all over again.


ML: Wow that really had to be a challenge.




CH: You don't know the half. But all was well when she got up.


ML: What do you do when you aren't working?


CH: Shop, chill, hangout, and paint...I'm a private artist...lol


ML: What big things do you have coming up?


CH: Well I'll be transferring salons soon and i'll be working with a organization that will be providing beauty services to women in shelters, which is a nation-wide project. I'll also be traveling to Paris this fall to work with a fashion show there. My agent hasn't told me the designer yet, he says he wants to surprise me [shrugs and smiles].
ML: WOW! Well tell me Chris what advise do you have for budding celebrity stylist like yourself?


CH: Be confident in your talent and treat your customers like gold. Also when you start doing celebrities don't be star struck, treat them like regular people.

ML: Well thanks so much for your time. LL will be on the look out to see you in the credits of the next fashion mag credits.



CH: LOL thanks...
Well there you have it people. I can honestly say I enjoyed talking to him. He's so humble and good company as we sat there in his spacious West Bloomfield apartmentt. This young talent is going to surprise us all. If you want to get in touch with him you can catch him at Swank Salon in Southfield, Michigan.





~Arrivederci

M. Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment